The Fruitful Power of Your Seed
Mark 4:26 And He said, “The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground, 27 and should sleep by night and rise by day, and the seed should sprout and grow, he himself does not know how. 28 For the earth yields crops by itself: first the blade, then the head, after that the full grain in the head.
Four Principles from Mark 4:26-28:
- The kingdom of God, and your life, functions on the principle of Seedtime and harvest.
- 8:22 “While the earth remains, Seedtime and harvest, Cold and heat, Winter and summer, And day and nigh hall not cease.”
- “...a man should scatter seed...”
- The harvest, or results, we get from life come from the seeds of action that we plant, or of what others plant for us.
- This is also true for financial blessings for ourselves and our church.
- A seed, once planted, gains the power to produce and increase.
- We don’t know how this happens, since we cannot see and it is not possible to be aware of every process.
- One thing is certain, if we have not planted any seed, we won’t have any harvest.
- This is what the Lord meant by asking this question, “Will a man rob God? Question: “How have we robbed you?” Answer: “In tithes and offerings.”
- Increase comes in stages. “For the earth yields crops by itself.” Expect and look for signs of increase. When you see the “blade” make your plans for increase and continued sowing.
- We don’t how this happens, since we cannot see and it is not possible to be aware of every process.
- Don’t let fear and stinginess keep you from your greater blessings and, more importantly, greater benefits for God’s work.
- Our goal is not only to have success and more money, but to have “good success” and to establish God’s covenant in the earth
- Joshua 1:8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”
- Deuteronomy 8:17 then you say in your heart, ‘My power and the might of my hand have gained me this wealth.’ 18 “And you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.