DOWNLOAD KEYNOTE SLIDES
More than living by reason and decisions, we are often pulled by our values and priorities. We all have good intentions, but our actions are sometimes not aligned. Placing a Christ-centered fresh focus on our actual (not imagined) values and priorities is the way into a Kingdom lifestyle.
Matthew 6:31, “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Matthew 13:44-46 (NKJV), Again, The kingdom of heaven is like something precious buried in a field, which a man found and hid again; then in his joy he goes and sells all he has and buys that field.
45 Again the kingdom of heaven is like a man who is a dealer in search of fine and precious pearls, 46 Who, on finding a single pearl of great price, went and sold all he had and bought it.
Value defined: The worth, importance, or usefulness of something. The verb is defined as: to rate something according to its perceived worth, importance, or usefulness.
Priority defined: 1. The state of having most importance or urgency, 2. Somebody or something that is ranked highly in terms of importance or urgency, 3. The state of having preceded something else.
Value Determines Priority
What we call “values” drives our attitudes and actions.
We all have “values” and our values should be shaped by Christ and God’s kingdom
Testing What We Value and Prioritize
- We follow what we value and we do first what is our highest priority.
- We go in the direction of what we value and we start the journey based on our priority.
- We make our choices based on the value we place on things and people.
- We rank things and people according to our priority.
- We are driven by the value (importance and usefulness) of things natural and spiritual.
- Our level of focus is based on the priority we place on things natural and spiritual.
Read Full Post »