Be Encouraged! How to Thrive.
May 1st, 2022 by bryanhudson
1 Thessalonians 5:11, Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
Joshua 1:9, Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
Definition of Encourage
To strengthen; To grow strong; To prevail;
To make firm; To support; To repair; To hold, contain;
To strengthen oneself;
To put forth strength, use one's strength;
To withstand; To hold strongly with
To deprive of courage, hope, or confidence; dishearten; to obstruct by opposition or difficulty, To hinder
To express or make clear disapproval of; frown upon
Overcoming discouragement does not come from fighting it.
Overcoming discouragement starts with agreeing with God who said, “Be strong and courageous.”
Success in any struggle doesn’t come from what you can or cannot do.
Success in any struggle comes down to who is with you. (God and people)
Again Paul said, Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. (1 Thess. 5:11)
Keys to Encouragement
- Fill your heart with hope. It’s like carrying an umbrella when rain in threatening
- Encourage others, because you reap what you sow
- Never feel attacked. Recognize that there are always more broken hearts than hard hearts. Hurt people, hurt people. Don’t take it personally
- Surround yourself with encouraging voices and sources. You will need this to help discouraged people.
- Look at beautiful things. Things that speak to you. Things that cannot be diminished. (Examples from nature)
- Remember that courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is doing the right things even when you are afraid.
- Always know that God is for you.