How Joy Comes - Finding Your Voice of Joy
Jun 5th, 2022 by bryanhudson
1 As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my food day and night, While they continually say to me, “Where is your God?” 4 When I remember these things, I pour out my soul within me. For I used to go with the multitude; I went with them to the house of God, With the voice of joy and praise, With a multitude that kept a pilgrim feast. Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him For the help of His countenance.
Happiness is refreshing like lemonade
The Joy of the Lord is your strength
- Joy is a fruit of the Spirit.
- Joy is an artifact.
- Joy is a result of something else.
- Joy cannot be manufactured
- Joy does not come by song, faith, or prayer
- Joy is already present in the hearts of Christ Followers
- Joy is a gift
- Joy is inevitable (it has to come)
How Does Joy Come?
- Joy is revealed through the Holy Spirit
- Joy is revealed through favorable circumstances
- Joy is revealed through encouraging people and encouraging environments
Rejoice in the Lord always [at all times]. Again I will say, rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus