Remember. Don’t Look Back.
Aug 1st, 2021 by bryanhudson
One of the great challenges in life is dealing with circumstances in the present time that have roots in the past. Obviously, we are all products of our past. It’s important to separate out the negative and ungodly memories from the past and focus on the good. This is easy to say, but sometimes hard to do. Some people have lived through nightmares in their past lives. In Christ, you are a new person!
Luke 9:59, Then He said to another, "Follow Me." But he said, "Lord, let me first go and bury my father." 60 Jesus said to him, "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and preach the kingdom of God." 61 And another also said, "Lord, I will follow You, but let me first go and bid them farewell who are at my house." 62 But Jesus said to him, "No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."
2 Corinthians 5:17, (NLT)
This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!
Beware of the lure of lesser things.
1. When given an opportunity to move forward in the purpose of God. Lesser things usually come from the past to hinder you from your future.
2. When Jesus calls you, don’t make any excuses. An excuse is usually an attachment to lesser things.
Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
What lesson can we learn from Lot’s wife?
Luke 17:32, Remember Lot’s wife. 33 Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.
Remember and Don’t Look Back
1. Make the commitment, “This One Thing I Do.”
2. Forgetting the things that are behind. Don’t look back.
3. Reach forward to the things that are ahead.
4. Do it today!