Wisdom For Your Life in a Confused World
Sep 14th, 2014 by bryanhudson
Seven Blessings of Wisdom 1. Wisdom gives you a firm foundation Proverbs 1:1 (NLT) These are the proverbs of Solomon, David’s son, king of Israel. 2 Their purpose is to teach people wisdom and discipline, to help them understand the insights of the wise. 3 Their purpose is to teach people to live disciplined and successful lives, to help them do what is right, just, and fair. 4 These proverbs will give insight to the simple, knowledge and discernment to the young. 5 Let the wise listen to these proverbs and become even wiser. Let those with understanding receive guidance 6 by exploring the meaning in these proverbs and parables, the words of the wise and their riddles.
2. Wisdom keeps you thirsty for God’s best Proverbs 2:2, (NLT) Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding. 3 Cry out for insight, and ask for understanding. 4 Search for them as you would for silver; seek them like hidden treasures. 5 Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord, and you will gain knowledge of God.
3. Wisdom shows us how to listen, overcome obstacles and major on the majors Proverbs 4:10 (NLT), My child, listen to me and do as I say, and you will have a long, good life. 11 I will teach you wisdom’s ways and lead you in straight paths. 12 When you walk, you won’t be held back; when you run, you won’t stumble. 13 Take hold of my instructions; don’t let them go. Guard them, for they are the key to life.
Proverbs 16:20 Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be joyful.
4. Wisdom teaches you how to guard your heart and focus forward Proverbs 4:18 (NLT), The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day. 19 But the way of the wicked is like total darkness. They have no idea what they are stumbling over…23 Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life…25 Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. 26 Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path. 27 Don’t get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil.
The cost of being constantly distracted from God’s will is a price too high to pay. Verses 25-27 offer crystal clear guidance: 1) Focus forward, 2) Mark out or chart your path through prayer and planning, 3) Stay on good paths, 4) Don’t let people or circumstances pull you aside, 5) Never follow evil.
5. Wisdom teaches us about the power of success through diligence. Proverbs 6:6 (NLT) Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones. Learn from their ways and become wise! 7 Though they have no prince or governor or ruler to make them work, 8 they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter. 9 But you, lazybones, how long will you sleep? When will you wake up? 10 A little extra sleep, a little more slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest— 11 then poverty will pounce on you like a bandit; scarcity will attack you like an armed robber.
Proverbs 21:5 Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity, but hasty shortcuts lead to poverty.
6. Wisdom has friends. One of those friends is financial prosperity Proverbs 8:12 (NLT) “I, Wisdom, live together with good judgment. I know where to discover knowledge and discernment. 13 All who fear the Lord will hate evil. Therefore, I hate pride and arrogance, corruption and perverse speech. 14 Common sense and success belong to me. Insight and strength are mine.15 Because of me, kings reign, and rulers make just decrees.16 Rulers lead with my help, and nobles make righteous judgments. 17 “I love all who love me. Those who search will surely find me. 18 I have riches and honor, as well as enduring wealth and justice. 19 My gifts are better than gold, even the purest gold, my wages better than sterling silver! 20 I walk in righteousness, in paths of justice. 21 Those who love me inherit wealth. I will fill their treasuries.”